Practice History

The Practice was founded in about 1900 and was based in the Doctors Surgery on 'Denshams Corner' at the corner of Yarm Lane and Yarm Road.

Densham's Corner

Densham's Corner was named after Dr. Henry B. Densham who moved to Stockton from Cornwall in the 1880's to live in Barrington Crescent where he became a practising Surgeon. Census returns record that Henry Densham was an apprentice Chemist and the son of William Densham a Congregational Minister.

The first GP's at the the Densham's Corner Surgery were Dr David Anderson and Dr Curd who were both trained Surgeons.

Lawson Street Health Centre

In 1974 the Practice moved to a Health Centre in Lawson Street with Dr Fletcher and Dr Colin Anderson. Dr Williams joined the Practice in 1982 followed by Dr Oliver in 1999. Dr Fletcher retired in 2000.

Lawson Street Health Centre

A New Health Centre was built on the site of the original Lawson Street Health Centre and opened by Tony Blair in 2006. The Practice moved into the new building on 27th March 2006 and named 'The Densham Surgery'.

In 2016 Dr Williams retired and Dr Chaudhury joined the Practice.

Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional